Application for Louhbo

louhbo

January 10th, 2017, 5:31 pm

Active Timezone: Mainly USTZ (West Coast)

Killboard link: https://zkillboard.com/character/748984556/

Reason for joining: I was looking for a good group of people to fly with that are small gang oriented and my friends tell me that this is the place.

Fiscal stability in game: I plex when I get low on funds, pay for the account with real money...not plex.

What is your expertise or gaming focus in EVE: Small gang PVP and gatecamps

What is your previous corp and why did you leave: Brave, because I just couldn't take the culture any longer.  It really is a mess.

What kind of ship stuff or play style are you looking for in 7-2: close knit, small gang pvp, etc

Who knows you in 7-2: Annah Erata, Thor Johannessen, Django Flagg

Post fits for the following ship prompts in EFT format.  Discussion on the fit is encouraged.  Use an all level V character for fitting discussion.

1.  Fleet Interceptor

[Claw, CrabbieTackle]
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II

200MM Autocannon II, Barrage S
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I

2.  Kiting pirate faction cruiser

[Orthrus, KiteyBS]
Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II

Caldari Navy Large Sheild Extender
Caldari Navy Large Sheild Extender
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
Dread Guristas Warp Scrambler
50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile
Medium Infectious Scoped Energy Nutralizer

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

5 x Hornet EC-300

3.  Kiting navy faction battlecruiser

[Hurricane Fleet Issue, Kite-n-Kill]
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
720mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Fusion M
Small 'Notos' Explosive Charge I
Small 'Notos' Explosive Charge I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

5 x Hammerhead II

4.  Your current favorite PvP fit

[Svipul, Instalock Gatecamper]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP S

Small Targeting System Subcontroller I
Small Targeting System Subcontroller I
Small Projectile Metastasis Adjuster II

5.  An MWD fit, Heavy Neutron Blaster Thorax with over 20k EHP and no fitting modules or rigs.

[Thorax, BlasterRax]
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Warp Scrambler II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

5 x Hammerhead II

6.  A T1 scanning frigate which deals over 300 DPS with T2 modules and drones.

I could not get any t1 scanning frigate to deal over 300 dps.

Respond to the following questions to the best of your ability.

A.  A sovereignty structure is being attacked by a small gang during off hours, and you want to delay the entosis until more friends can log in.  What ship do you use, and how do you do it? Kitey Bullshit Orthrus...keep killing the entosis pilots.

B.  You are in a kiting gang and are fighting a kitchen sink.  FC orders you to burn to a celestial and follow primaries.  You fuck up and get scrambled by an Atron.  What do you do? Kill the atron or die.

C.  You get home from work, log in to EVE and Teamspeak.  There is a large group of people in a PvP channel, and are in battle comms when you join the channel.  You want in, but don't know what they're in or where they're at.  What do you do? Join fleet and use fleet chat to find the fleet location and doctrine.  Sometimes the motd has all the information you need. If they are too far out and I would not be able to catch up, I would leave fleet.

D.  You jump into a system and spot a Vexor Navy Issue on scan.  There are only two in local, including yourself.  How do you determine if the VNI is active in space, doing PvE, and what type of damage to shoot him with?
I would dscan for rat wrecks..Usually the VNI Pilot fits his ship for the rats, I would determine which rats they were killing and use the opposite damage type, or just hope they didn't fill the resist hole and use that damage type.

E.  A hostile is trash talking in local and you want to respond.  You open fire with your best line of smack talk.  What do you say? Your mama was a snowblower! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJHzyg9AOsY)

F.  Your gang has a target tackled, and an over eager fleetmate in a Command Destroyer MJDs it away without thinking.  The target gets out.  Your fleetmate is Canadian and probably high.  How do you respond? Jeez M8, Take it easy on the Maple Syrup!

G.  A corpmate is talking about a movie, and you realize you absolutely hate that film.  What film is it, why is it awful and what insult do you deliver to your corpmate? My little pony: The movie.  That is the worst damn movie ever! Everyone knows that you can't beat the Smooze with friendship!  T2 blasters maybe, but not friendship.

Extra Credit: If you're pretty sure you fucked up this application and are scrambling for something of value to sell about yourself, provide a picture, video or audio recording of yourself or something you've done that is funny or creative.  Bonus consideration for custom submissions made specifically for this application.

Attached Photo:

Here is the story.  My blind father-in-law heard that I was wanting to get my hair cut while we visited him one day.  He assured me that he had the best barber around and that he does a great job, so we hop in the van and away we go.  We get to the barber (its in a small home in a farming community) and I walk dad in to the shop.  He has me sit down and he asks how I want my hair cut.  I tell him use a #4 all over.  At the same time, my father in law jokingly shouts, "Give him a Bulldog!" 

I thought things were going well until I felt the top of my head and noticed how much hair was falling down from my head.  After the barber is done, we walk to the car and I exclaim that I had been scalped.  To my exclamation, my fater-in-law replied, " I don't know what you are complaining about, it looks great to me!"

I lost it. 

The photo was taken to send to my wife, so that she could see how bad it was.
Attachments
haircut.jpg

Altaen
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

January 10th, 2017, 6:00 pm

Both of my grandparents are blind, so I've heard my share of blind folks not "seeing" the problem jokes, but that story is freaking hilarious, thanks for sharing!

In the scrammed-by-Atron question you suggested you would kill the Atron or die. What if you were in an Oracle or similar and couldn't track the Atron? Would you just die? Even if you were like half our gang's DPS?

louhbo

January 10th, 2017, 6:12 pm

[quote="Altaen"]
Both of my grandparents are blind, so I've heard my share of blind folks not "seeing" the problem jokes, but that story is freaking hilarious, thanks for sharing!

In the scrammed-by-Atron question you suggested you would kill the Atron or die. What if you were in an Oracle or similar and couldn't track the Atron? Would you just die? Even if you were like half our gang's DPS?
[/quote]

Ok, so an Atron is going to be on top of me no matter what, and tracking would absolutely be an issue.  I would have to have help from the rest of the fleet and would let them know that I have been tackled and hope the atron gets blapped.

Annah Erata
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

January 10th, 2017, 6:38 pm

Django, Thor, and I have all known Louhbo for a while.  I expect much hazing from other members for his love of gatecamping, but trust me when I say that Louhbo and the old SOUND veterans (most of whom don't play anymore) turned it into an art.

+1

Dave Lash
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

January 10th, 2017, 8:40 pm

Hey Lou. Im the welcome wagon. We want you to fly with us for a bit. Please jump into comma and chat us up. We are living in gallente low sec for January. We will be redeploying back to npc null in Feb. I will be on comma all day tomorrow, hit me up
It's not going to suck itself

Crazy Vania
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

January 11th, 2017, 7:14 am

Hi. The Claw is not a fleet interceptor.

Your Thorax fit is the worst way you could have answered the question. Hint: to increase EHP, there's armor, there's shield and there's [...] tank. Fill in the blanks. You can use crayons if you want.

Altaen already mentioned the one question you got wrong.

The rest looks ok. Gate camping does not prepare you for our type of pvp, but it's a valid hobby and at least you seem to be fitting your ships right.

edit: also your granpa reminds me of Toph from Avatar.
Last edited by crazy_vania on January 11th, 2017, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Halitosis Borodov
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

January 11th, 2017, 7:11 pm

The same things that I had going for me Louhbo has going for him but more.  He has much more skills and experience.  He also that he was vetted by XavierVE, so he was learning from the best.  And he goes back much farther than Old Spacemen, back to Sound, which is going much farther back with those guys than I do.

9/10 I say let him come.  Not 10/10 because he forgot to mention me.  :P

• Information