Application for Halitosis Borodov

Halitosis Borodov
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

December 13th, 2016, 3:47 pm

Edited:  Added a navy BC fit below.  Be gentle it is the first one I ever did.

Active Timezone:
Usually 0200-0430,  often can be on 1500-2100.  Depends on family time and work requirements.

Killboard link:
https://zkillboard.com/character/94645352/

Reason for joining:

Want to fly with people who are good and, preferably, who I know, which narrows the pilots down to a bare handful in EvE.
Some of the corps I investigated recently were either bad or toxic.  Not looking for either.  If I am the most knowledgeable pilot in the conversation something is seriously wrong!

Fiscal stability in game:

Independently wealthy EvE-wise.  I was able to generate a few bil a month when active with my indy alts.  Now I have some isk but no opportunities to whelp ships with people I like, so there isn't much drive to log in and make more.

What is your expertise or gaming focus in EVE:

I am decent enough at EvE in a couple of market/indy niches, but I really want to PvP competently, maybe even well. 

What is your previous corp and why did you leave:

WMD which was what was left of OLDS.  OLDS was started by XavierVE for basically not much other than small gang PvP.  I learned what a great FC can be like.  Not just when in a fight, but in showing just enough to try end entice someone to fight you.  OLDS folded and WMD formed to join Old goons. 
That experience wasn't great.  We seemed to be the only ones who were regularly online to do something other than rat.  I heard they had some good FCs, but not the ones I ever ended up flying with, other than our guys.  Some of the GS players who were supposedly “betterâ€� spent some of their days ganking retrievers in HS. 

What kind of ship stuff or play style are you looking for in 7-2:

Small gang PvP.  I don't care what ship or role so long as I can be useful and learn.  I will fly eWar, Logi, scan/scout, even rat, if that is what helps the group. 
If I can make someone smile on comms with a joke, cool. 
I endeavor to not be stupid.  Usually I am successful.

I'll add that I really do want to get good at this.  I try to skill as much as possible into the ships I will be flying.  In GS there were pilots who could fit dreads but couldn't fit T2 small guns/launchers.  I don't want to be that pilot.

Who knows you in 7-2:
Thor Johannesenn.

Post fits for the following ship prompts in EFT format.  Discussion on the fit is encouraged.  Use an all level V character for fitting discussion.

A note on fits.  I tend not to fit bling since early on I will tend to lose the ships that I won't when I have more experience. 

1.  Fleet Interceptor

[Taranis, MWD Taranis]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Balmer Series Compact Tracking Disruptor I, Tracking Speed Disruption Script
J5b Enduring Warp Scrambler
5MN Microwarpdrive II

Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

3x Hornet EC-300

Federation Navy Iron Charge S x1000
Tracking Speed Disruption Script x1

2.  Kiting pirate faction cruiser

Because of the bling factor I don't fly these yet but I would love to get feedback on the below fit. 
It is fast, hits hard, lots of active tank, but you have to watch your cap.  At least your some of your tank and your damage output aren't cap dependent. 

[Orthrus, Orthrus fit]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Ballistic Control System II

Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Light Missile
[Empty High slot]

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit II

3.  Kiting navy faction battlecruiser

Can't fit any BC too well and haven't flown them much.

It is supposed to kite!  So 500mn MWD it is.  This gets 3370 m/s, 65.7k tank, DPS is on the more anemic side (455 with faction, 263 with Tremor) but it will pull away from a lot of cruisers.  There is room to trade more tank for a 4000+ speed.  Or swap a trimark for another ancillary and fit command burst mods in the highs.

[Hurricane Fleet Issue, Hurricane Fleet Issue fit]

Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Reactor Control Unit II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Stasis Webifier II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

650mm Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet EMP M
Small Energy Nosferatu II
Small Energy Nosferatu II

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

4.  Your current favorite PvP fit

I haven't flown this yet but really want to try it where there are a lot of solo small ships.  Fly it like you don't know what you are doing and a t2 explorer is going to get people to underestimate you.  (Name it “relicâ€�).  6500 ehp tank, Deals 170 dps and can tank 144 ehp/s.

[Helios]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 100
Medium Shield Extender II
Warp Scrambler II
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x1

Here is another that I want to use as bait in a small gang situation.  After all what solo wouldn't stay to grab a helios that decloaked on top of them?  9.5k tank and 210 ehp/s of active tank.  Just hold them until the gang shows up, orbit close with the AB:

[Helios, Tank tackle]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Damage Control II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

Medium Shield Extender II
Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 100
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

Ewar dron of choice

5.  An MWD fit, Heavy Neutron Blaster Thorax with over 20k EHP and no fitting modules or rigs.

The Thorax's biggest weakness is capacitor.  Shield fits are fast but to get 20k you lose two mids and are dependent on an Invuln.  Here is a hull tank that gets 20k EHP, cap stable, point and range control, 2950 m/s which is not super fast.

[Thorax, 7-2 Hull tank]
Damage Control II
Mark I Reinforced Bulkheads
Mark I Reinforced Bulkheads
Mark I Restrained Reinforced Bulkheads
Magnetic Field Stabilizer

Stasis Webifier II
Warp Disruptor II
Small Capacitor Booster II
50MN Microwarpdrive II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M

Medium Transverse Bulkhead I

The whole thing  costs 35 mil.
I also have a 400mm plate fit that is 20.1k and goes 170 m/s slower.  I think it has the advantage in a fleet situation if there are remote armor reps available because of higher resists.

6.  A T1 scanning frigate which deals over 300 DPS with T2 modules and drones.

The requirement for a t1 “scanningâ€� frig confused me since no exploration frig can fit a probe launcher and get 300 dps, until I asked Thor who said an “explorationâ€� frig was required.  Prior to that I made 2 Comets because they can get 300dps easily and still have a high to fit probes.  1 fit an expanded laucher, but it is full of CPU upgrades and rigs, but still had room for a scram and prop, a civilian AB.
It took a while, but I'll be damned if the magnate can't hold 3 weapons in its highs. Overheat and it gets 306.  Still room for a couple of rigs:

[Magnate, Magnate fit]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

1MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Polarized Light Neutron Blaster, Void S
Polarized Light Neutron Blaster, Void S
Polarized Rocket Launcher, Mjolnir Rage Rocket

Small Ancillary Current Router I
[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]

'Augmented' Hobgoblin x3

Respond to the following questions to the best of your ability.

A.  A sovereignty structure is being attacked by a small gang during off hours, and you want to delay the entosis until more friends can log in.  What ship do you use, and how do you do it?

If someone left me alone to jam all the entosising enemy I hope they took the time to grind up the ADMs.  Jam them with Griffins.  Try to wait as long into each entosis cycle as possible to be as annoying as possible.  If the Griffin is shot out from under you, then get another griffin, and another.  There should be 30 additional 1 million isk griffins in corp hangar for events like this.  Heck, I'll buy them if they aren't there.

B.  You are in a kiting gang and are fighting a kitchen sink.  FC orders you to burn to a celestial and follow primaries.  You fuck up and get scrambled by an Atron.  What do you do?

Presuming I don't have Warriors to kill the Atron I want to take out any ships that would pose a threat to our gang.  It isn't just about taking out what you can, it is about taking out or scaring off the foremost threat to our gang, opening it up for the FC to be able to re-engage.  Failing that, take out whatever you can, gf I local like the pro that you want them to perceive and then apologize profusely on comms and swear, again, to your corpmates that you aren't a high Canadian.

C.  You get home from work, log in to EVE and Teamspeak.  There is a large group of people in a PvP channel, and are in battle comms when you join the channel.  You want in, but don't know what they're in or where they're at.  What do you do?

You don't interrupt.  Use chat comms to find out where they are and let FC know what you can bring.  The FC will know when they can answer and what they need.  Until you hear, just chill.  Make sure ships have charges, etc. so you don't get to the Fleet and think... fuck, I forgot something!

D.  You jump into a system and spot a Vexor Navy Issue on scan.  There are only two in local, including yourself.  How do you determine if the VNI is active in space, doing PvE, and what type of damage to shoot him with?

Is this a trick question?  Scan for drones.  If heavy drones are out they are doing PvE (medium if it is an Alpha, probably faction).  Pick damage OTHER than what local pirates are dealing.  The VNI are probably shield fit and using a 100mn AB so they will do >1000 m/s even when scrammed.  If they are smart they fit resists in the holes (2 x EM, 1xTherm) and a point instead of a 2nd Extender.  Luckily a lot are not smart and shield tank with PvE resists in the rigs.

E.  A hostile is trash talking in local and you want to respond.  You open fire with your best line of smack talk.  What do you say?

Silence is better than a bad response.  They fill their own heads with what you might be thinking.  If you are going to say something, make it subtle.  An insult everyone else gets but they don't is the highest achievement.  Quality mockery > Silence > than pretty much anything else.  (If you aren't sure your mockery is quality, it isn't.)

F.  Your gang has a target tackled, and an over eager fleetmate in a Command Destroyer MJDs it away without thinking.  The target gets out.  Your fleetmate is Canadian and probably high.  How do you respond?

“Again!?!?!â€�  (mumbling something about fucking Canadians and why did god bless THEM with all the maple syrup?)

G.  A corpmate is talking about a movie, and you realize you absolutely hate that film.  What film is it, why is it awful and what insult do you deliver to your corpmate?

If there is lots of talk about “Bridgitte Jones' Diaryâ€� and “The Fault in Our Starsâ€� how did that corpmate pass the application process?  How did they even get good?  And if these movies have to do with the “howâ€�, can EvE even be worth it?

Extra Credit: If you're pretty sure you fucked up this application and are scrambling for something of value to sell about yourself, provide a picture, video or audio recording of yourself or something you've done that is funny or creative.  Bonus consideration for custom submissions made specifically for this application.

If this application hasn't yet shown how cute I can be, please burn it because I am a lost cause.
Last edited by halitosis_borodov on December 14th, 2016, 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Halitosis Borodov
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

December 14th, 2016, 2:23 am

I edited the application to add a navy BC. 

Altaen
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

December 14th, 2016, 7:11 pm

Good looking app friend! Get down to the Curse/Wicked/Scalding area and fly with us a bit, Thor should be able to get you the needed details.

Halitosis Borodov
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

December 14th, 2016, 8:29 pm

Thanks for the invite.

No hazing?  No questions digging deep into my horrid attempts at fits?  I am almost disappointed.

Tonight might be a good time for me to make the trip down. 

To where should I head if I am traveling light and need to buy ships off contract?  Or I do you have a tackle fit for an Ares/Taranis I can fit in the hold and I will travel-fit it to get down there.

Also, which comms will I need?  (Already have TS, Mumble and Discord loaded)

Ender Tunin
Friends of Molden Heath
Friends of Molden Heath

December 14th, 2016, 11:58 pm

Question A.  Everyone forgets the best answer to the question, a Maulus (or a Keres).  A Griffin is a good answer, but you have to sit around hoping a jam will land.  Drop 40-50k out, hit them with all your damps at once, they loose lock and their entosis stops, warp off.  They're stuck waiting a whole entosis cycle before they can try again.  By then you can warp back in, lather rinse repeat.

Things look like things will be active around here a while.  Come fly with us.

Annah Erata
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

December 15th, 2016, 12:37 am

I trust Xavier's and Thor's judgement, I've known them long enough to say that they don't have a habit of letting idiots into their groups.  Come on down and get standings and logistics sorted out.

Halitosis Borodov
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

December 15th, 2016, 1:34 pm

Last night's fleet was fun!  10/10 would do it again.

Hola Annah - I merely try to not be an idiot.  Often I am successful and have those around me fooled.

You probably don't remember but we traded chats a few times on OLDS discord.  The best thing about flying with Xavier was hearing how great an FC really can be.  It didn't matter if he was leading a kitchen sink, even one that was changing over time.  He pretty much was able to keep the composition in his head and use it to his advantage while keeping in mind the oppositions' composition and the layout of the systems around him. 

(Everyone say "oppositions' composition" ten times fast!)

Halitosis Borodov
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

December 15th, 2016, 1:44 pm

[quote="Ender Tunin"]
Question A.  Everyone forgets the best answer to the question, a Maulus (or a Keres).  A Griffin is a good answer, but you have to sit around hoping a jam will land.  Drop 40-50k out, hit them with all your damps at once, they loose lock and their entosis stops, warp off.  They're stuck waiting a whole entosis cycle before they can try again.  By then you can warp back in, lather rinse repeat.

Things look like things will be active around here a while.  Come fly with us.
[/quote]

Ender - I didn't think of damps, and yeah, would be great and frustrating, but after you did it a couple of times they could just start sitting on the nodes.  Even bads will eventually learn.  Also I would go with T1 if I was up against a bunch alone.  No one needs much to take out an ewar frig, at least if I am flying it, and besides, who has a couple of dozen fit T2s in hangar anyway?  (Though I think the Keres is cool and would love to fly it.)

Thor Johannessen

December 27th, 2016, 9:12 pm

Halitosis is a close friend from my previous two corporations, he is as intuitive as they get and has an appetite for murdering ships and theory crafting. I gave him trusted roles in both corps and he never once abused the power.

Major +1 from me.
Last edited by thor_johannessen on December 27th, 2016, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Lash
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

December 28th, 2016, 10:08 am

Have him PM me in game.
It's not going to suck itself

• Information