Application for tinman44

tinman44

November 19th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Active Timezone: US Central

Killboard link: https://zkillboard.com/character/898690916/

Reason for joining: Recently returned from extended AFG, after RL friend left Slyce I decided to return to a group that would have similar skillsets and midsets as myself. I'm looking for a group similar to my old pals which used to make up Sleeper Social Club.

Fiscal stability in game: is anyone?! my alt has the cash, tinman isn't trustworthy to not buy  a blingy t3 for a solo roam.

What is your expertise or gaming focus in EVE: Expertise? I die a lot to NPC Haulers, but enjoy solo cruisers and medium size high skill fights in any space, generally high knowledge of WH mechanics.

What is your previous corp and why did you leave: Slyce, Alpha republic: I'm leaving to find my people again. RL friend has left as well to join a higher tier than slyce as well.

What kind of ship stuff or play style are you looking for in 7-2: I can fly most ships, and don't particularly prefer any. When I solo i like to fly T1 to get a laugh at how much i can kill before someone catches me. I fly a lot of Logi and I enjoy the apostle and triage before the new triage carriers. I have limited experience with supers as I don't own one and never have, but flew with TEST and the HBC in 2012 (and less so slyce) as a part of their capital group.

Who knows you in 7-2: anyone who killed me before slyce and Feign were pals while I was solo drunk thanny roaming or doing roams with slyce... I spoke to dave in TS3 before i was directed to make this post.

Post fits for the following ship prompts in EFT format.  Discussion on the fit is encouraged.  Use an all level V character for fitting discussion.

1.  Fleet Interceptor
[Stiletto, Fleet Inty]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Medium Shield Extender II
Warp Disruptor II
Stasis Webifier II
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu
Small Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer
[empty high slot]

Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

The rigs are fairly preferential and situational, for defense i'd get more tank. Web over Invul is preferential and depends on how many tackle the fleet has. double NOS if you know the enemy has few tackle. Bling the point and swap to an invul if you wish.

2.  Kiting pirate faction cruiser
[Orthrus, Kiting]
Dread Guristas Ballistic Control System
Dread Guristas Ballistic Control System

Corelum B-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 400
Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile
[empty high slot]

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

The bling exists on the ship to reduce CPU requirements, allowing for the XL ASB. a dual-LSE fit with no bling and a nuet is more my speed with scimi support, and makes a very strong anti-tackle. the B-type MWD is cheaper than A-type for similar cap increase. Cap management and avoiding getting caught by web/scram is the priority for this ship. You can engage most t1 cruisers and below, most t2 destroyers and below. You're basically two caracals. I prefer acolytes lately, but EC-300s work well too for lucky escapes.

3.  Kiting navy faction battlecruiser
[Hurricane Fleet Issue, PvP]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

720mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP M
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

EC-300s and Acolytes

Swap to ACs and nuets to if there may be a carrier dropped or around.

The problem here is the HFI is the only viable kiting Navu BC ship, and is still slower than most kiters. an alpha fit might work on the HFI, but you're going to get tackled and die in your limited shield tank. 15 HFIs would be good for anti-cruiser armor fleets with too much enemy Logi and limited ewar, but 15 Sleipnirs would be much better for 200mil more.

4.  Your current favorite PvP fit
[Scimitar, Logi bling]
Reactor Control Unit II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Corelum B-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Pithum A-Type Medium Remote Shield Booster
Large S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

NOTE: this fit requires a 3% pg implant but is worthwhile for regular logi pilots. you can swap to FS-9 LSEs for no implant.

With my skills this Scimi works exceptionally well with a kite fleet, other than the fastest kite cruisers(add a nano for all-orthrus fleet), w/ 2100 m/s, and is cap stable. most meta5 and below MWD scimi fits depend on the pilot paying attention to his cap and restricts tank. The Scimi's inherent resists make the dual LSE very strong tank before the dual invuls. Relatively inexpensive for HAC/t3 fleet or pirate cruiser fleet, AB scimi works well for rattlesnake fleet but huggin is prefered for RS fleet... swap scimis for Triage for rattlers.

5.  An MWD fit, Heavy Neutron Blaster Thorax with over 20k EHP and no fitting modules or rigs.
[Thorax, PvP Blasters]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Thukker Medium Shield Extender
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Null M

I was frustrated with these requirements, as you can easily increase the tank (+10%) by swapping a CDFE for an ACR rig and adding an LSE for less money than the thukker MSE, however I only get 19,369EHP, indicating i should OH the invul (which the player should do if prime) or use a navy invul (which is silly, dont do that). Using a DCII put me within the requirements, but is not a real factor in shield tanking with fleet reps and may only save you sometimes... when more speed or damage application (TE) might be better.

6.  A T1 scanning frigate which deals over 300 DPS with T2 modules and drones.

Astero would be prefered if it's T1 (technically it is in FW, but not in price)

None of the t1 "scanning" frigs would do 300 dps, don't be silly.

Respond to the following questions to the best of your ability.

A.  A sovereignty structure is being attacked by a small gang during off hours, and you want to delay the entosis until more friends can log in.  What ship do you use, and how do you do it?

Likely, the enemy would use a frigate or rapier or something similar to entosis. As only one of them can entosis at a time, i bring something faster than them with more range like a caracal or orthrus. If they're a frig fleet, a vaga would be nice as well as an orthrus/Cerb. I'd prefer the RLM cerb vs frigs. HAW dread if they're in procurers. If i happen to have a bling kronos i might bring that, because 65km blasters and 2k+ dps tank with superb nuet resistance, but kronos is slow to deploy/warp so would depend on JB availability and distance. Because it's defense, armor may be viable if i can tank them and hit long range but is again slower to deploy than shield fits.

B.  You are in a kiting gang and are fighting a kitchen sink.  FC orders you to burn to a celestial and follow primaries.  You fuck up and get scrambled by an Atron.  What do you do?

align to celestial, Nuet and drone the atron, most Cyna/orthrus/vaga fits carry nuets for anti-tackle, warp to FC anchor asap. Otherwise, die fearlessly, bringing down hordes of enemies with me. after rereading this, i misread the intent of "burn to celestial" as the fleet warped to the celestial and im all alone. broadcast atron and nuet it. calmly identify situation on comms so the FC can decide what to do.

C.  You get home from work, log in to EVE and Teamspeak.  There is a large group of people in a PvP channel, and are in battle comms when you join the channel.  You want in, but don't know what they're in or where they're at.  What do you do?

Join fleet, check MOTD, ask for fleet loc in fleet chat, take ship appropriate for distance and composition assuming MOTD holds fleet comp info. if the MOTD lacks ship comp, ask in fleet chat for any ship requests.

D.  You jump into a system and spot a Vexor Navy Issue on scan.  There are only two in local, including yourself.  How do you determine if the VNI is active in space, doing PvE, and what type of damage to shoot him with?

is there a station? are there tower shields online near the VNI? You can show wrecks on dscan, shield passive VNI is extremely common for PVE. depending on damage type of the local rats you can assume he's max for resists to NPC damage and likely has an EM hole.

E.  A hostile is trash talking in local and you want to respond.  You open fire with your best line of smack talk.  What do you say?

I'm sorry you're so offended, I was born with this offensive condition when I first entered my pod. For some reason, the deep future holds no surgical solution for me, but I can surgically remove your ears, eyes, and head if you don't like looking at me.

F.  Your gang has a target tackled, and an over eager fleetmate in a Command Destroyer MJDs it away without thinking.  The target gets out.  Your fleetmate is Canadian and probably high.  How do you respond?

Gently remind the fleetmate that fucking canadians are still fucking allowed in fleet despite his canadian accent and frivolous waste of pod goo.

G.  A corpmate is talking about a movie, and you realize you absolutely hate that film.  What film is it, why is it awful and what insult do you deliver to your corpmate?

Any of the marvel movies. any of them. They're the worst form of sensationalism with mediocre acting and obvious endings and scene development! my response to the corpmate, in full:

"I have seen that movie. Have you ever tried building a fence? you know, carpentry? You know how when you cut the wood, if you measure the next board based on the previous board, you will create larger and larger error in the board lengths? I think that happened to your ancestors, genetically, long ago, and has been ongoing for many generations. Please build a fence around yourself so you cannot procreate your genetic defects any further."

Extra Credit: If you're pretty sure you fucked up this application and are scrambling for something of value to sell about yourself, provide a picture, video or audio recording of yourself or something you've done that is funny or creative.  Bonus consideration for custom submissions made specifically for this application.

I took a photo of my cat, but i don't have a cat... so here is my frown:

:(
Last edited by tinman44 on November 20th, 2016, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annah Erata
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

November 20th, 2016, 1:53 am

[quote="tinman44"]

G.  A corpmate is talking about a movie, and you realize you absolutely hate that film.  What film is it, why is it awful and what insult do you deliver to your corpmate?

Any of the marvel movies. any of them. They're the worst form of sensationalism with mediocre acting and obvious endings and scene development! my response to the corpmate, in full:

"I have seen that movie. Have you ever tried building a fence? you know, carpentry? You know how when you cut the wood, if you measure the next board based on the previous board, you will create larger and larger error in the board lengths? I think that happened to your ancestors, genetically, long ago, and has been ongoing for many generations. Please build a fence around yourself so you cannot procreate your genetic defects any further."

[/quote]

Winter Soldier is best husbando.  You shut your whore mouth right now.

Robinton Jax

November 20th, 2016, 2:14 am

Now I need a photoshopped Civil War poster of you two

tinman44

November 20th, 2016, 2:37 pm

[quote="Annah Erata"]
[quote="tinman44"]

[/quote]

Winter Soldier is best husbando.  You shut your whore mouth right now.
[/quote]

How will I maintain fiscal stability with my whore mouth out of business?? <:O

tinman44

November 20th, 2016, 2:41 pm

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54157709/

as a fun bonus, this is my favorite kill, lately. True Rahl is my alt...

Altaen
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

November 21st, 2016, 3:17 pm

I feel like someone must have leaked that I'm a big fan of Sleeper Social Club. What in your opinion were the best things about SSC?

tinman44

November 21st, 2016, 6:48 pm

[quote="Altaen"]
I feel like someone must have leaked that I'm a big fan of Sleeper Social Club. What in your opinion were the best things about SSC?
[/quote]

Easily the laid back, hilarious atmosphere which switched from 0 to 10 seriousness whenever pvp opportunity occurred. We all knew what to do, we all contributed to the chain mapping, it was real family almost. The best parts for me may have been when we kicked some Russians out for being toxic to other WHers and other white knight activities within the wh realm.

Wallymarts
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

November 22nd, 2016, 6:22 am

Hi

That orthrus needs a defensive scram to keep the swarms of inties off you :D

Personally LOVE HFI's, great pick. Also, favorite ship being logi is a +

Get on comms and our fleets, meet the duders

trever
Friends of Molden Heath
Friends of Molden Heath

November 22nd, 2016, 7:34 am

Which would prefer to fly in pvp and a short sentence why.

Keres or griffin?

Confessor or svipul?

Typhoon fleet issue or Raven

tinman44

November 22nd, 2016, 12:40 pm

[quote="Wallymarts"]
Hi

That orthrus needs a defensive scram to keep the swarms of inties off you :D

Personally LOVE HFI's, great pick. Also, favorite ship being logi is a +

Get on comms and our fleets, meet the duders
[/quote]

absolutely, my family is in town this week so I'm probably not going to be around much until next week but I will come on soon!

I try not to fly the most expensive t1 cruiser in the game but I will keep that in mind.

tinman44

November 22nd, 2016, 12:49 pm

[quote="trever"]

Keres or griffin?

Confessor or svipul?

[/quote]

Keres, I like that the keres benefits more from piloting skill than RNG, but I would bring a Kitsune given the enemy was too numerous or had significant logi.

I don't fly the confessor and have the minny T3D skill to V so Svipul, but the confessor was a spectacular tank ship at one time. Most of us null nerds fly swivel fleet for better speed, though.

I've made more vaga's fack off in my raven than a TFI, but the TFI has better base stats. We aren't really cost prohibited, so TFI would be my pick if I had to set up a Feign kitchen sink and could only pick those two. However.... I wouldnt suggest either for one of my fleet mates, there are more standard BS setups. the TFI is skill intensive, and the raven is just slow.

quick note, the Raven is significantly better as a fleet ship than it was, say, 4 years ago when i last flew them.

Destrukter
Friends of Molden Heath
Friends of Molden Heath

November 23rd, 2016, 12:38 pm

[quote="tinman44"]
[quote="trever"]

Keres or griffin?

Confessor or svipul?

[/quote]

Keres, I like that the keres benefits more from piloting skill than RNG, but I would bring a Kitsune given the enemy was too numerous or had significant logi.

I don't fly the confessor and have the minny T3D skill to V so Svipul, but the confessor was a spectacular tank ship at one time. Most of us null nerds fly swivel fleet for better speed, though.

I've made more vaga's fack off in my raven than a TFI, but the TFI has better base stats. We aren't really cost prohibited, so TFI would be my pick if I had to set up a Feign kitchen sink and could only pick those two. However.... I wouldnt suggest either for one of my fleet mates, there are more standard BS setups. the TFI is skill intensive, and the raven is just slow.

quick note, the Raven is significantly better as a fleet ship than it was, say, 4 years ago when i last flew them.
[/quote]

I would've picked Dram, Dram, Golem but that's just me.

You're a wh dude so I want to ask a question. When you are probing and finding wh's, which one are you most excited to find and why?

tinman44

November 23rd, 2016, 7:38 pm

[quote="Destrukter"]
[quote="tinman44"]
[quote="trever"]

Keres or griffin?

Confessor or svipul?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would've picked Dram, Dram, Golem but that's just me.

You're a wh dude so I want to ask a question. When you are probing and finding wh's, which one are you most excited to find and why?
[/quote]

Usually, I clear my scanner of any known sigs, and if I see any on the scanner afterward it's a new WH or relic/gas type site. Usually it's a WH, likely from other dudes rolling into us or a wandering connection from WH to null and they created a lot of content due to reacting quickly to the new sig.

Otherwise, I loved C5-C5 connections because those are either populated (pvp)  or are good for farming and you can commit a carrier or dread to both situations.

Altaen
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent
[7-2] Calamitous-Intent

November 23rd, 2016, 9:04 pm

Looking forward to seeing you in some fleets next week, have an awesome holiday!

xxxAlloxxx
Friends of Molden Heath
Friends of Molden Heath

November 26th, 2016, 7:51 pm

+1  :salute:

• Information